Be Fashionable and Sustainable This School Year
As we begin to pack up our camping gear, store away our mountain bikes, and set aside the sunscreen, we also need to think about shifting back into school mode. For the next 4 months, our faces will be buried in books and our brains will be crammed with formulas and statistics. Not to mention the 40 lb. backpacks that will be sure to get you “back” into the rhythm.
Rather than using the same old backpack that your parents got you 3 years ago and the binder from last semester hanging on for dear life, make this school year a fashionable and sustainable one.
Here are 7 eco-friendly products that’ll be sure to attract the attention of your classmates.
- Nalgene Water Bottles that can hook to a backpack
- Plastic-free, 100% recyclable, Naked Binder that’ll be sure to last you the whole year
- Stylish, biodegradable journals from Pristine Planet
- Whether you prefer hemp shoulder bags, recyclable handbags or organic backpacks, Ecocentric Bags has it all
- Bamboo Pens from Eco-Pens. Bamboo is a renewable and sustainable plant that has the fastest reforestation potential of any plant
- Trendy, customized hemp laptop bags by Timbuk2 are waterproof and will reduce your carbon footprint
- House of Marley head-phones that are made of FSC-certified wood, organic cotton, and recyclable aluminum
As the school year approaches and your knowledge continually expands, keep in mind ways that you can be sustainable and environmentally friendly such as these.