Uncle Sam Wants YOU To Go Green this 4th of July, Here are 5 Ways How
The Fourth of July is on its way and people are preparing for extravagant firework shows, camping trips, and crazy fiestas!
Although this holiday is sometimes seen as an excuse to party or vacation, let’s not forget the true value and meaning as to why the Fourth of July is celebrated. It is the day the Declaration of Independence was adopted in 1776, thus the United States of America’s birthday.
This American holiday is celebrated is various ways across the country and Uncle Sam wants us to keep our country green. Sadly, the 4th of July is one of the most wasteful holidays of the year. Let’s change that this 2012! Here are 5 ways you can promote sustainability during your holiday adventures.
1. Instead of buying plastic cups and plates for your camping trip, bring your own reusable glasses and plates from home.
2. Choose cleaner-burning propane over charcoal for your barbequing to reduce your contribution to poor air quality.
3. While traveling to your vacation destination, carpool! Help your wallet and help the environment.
4. Before the night hits and the party begins, set up two reusable trash bins, one for recycling and one for other waste, to do your part in keeping our environment cleaner.
5. If camping, watching firework displays, or celebrating into the night, set up your own solar lamps that won’t impact you electricity bill.
These suggestions won’t put a damper on your wallet or be seen as an inconvenience to your holiday festivities, but rather just a few simple ways you can do your part in helping decrease environmental waste while enjoying the celebrations as well. It is a time to celebrate our freedom and independence while preserving the beauty of our planet.